Friday 1 June 2012

My lunch tub

The routine in our house used to be the same each morning as I prepared the lunches for David and the girls ... fridge open, grab margarine / butter and ham. fridge open, grab jam. fridge open, grab cheese and mayo. fridge open, grab tomatoes and dijonnaise. Somedays, all of the required items were in plain sight; other days I had to go feretting around in the back of the fridge to find said items. All that opening and closing of the fridge drove me mad.

One day, while out browsing at Ikea (love that store!), I came across a little white tub. Well, a medium size tub really, with a cut out handle at each end. And I had a brainwave ..... What if I were to store all our regular lunch items in this tub and then when I go to make lunches in the morning, I would have everything I needed (my family are creatures of habit when it comes to their lunch choices most days) without having to dig around or do multiple trips to the fridge. Really, such a simple idea, why hadn't I thought of it before?



Since I have implemented this system, there have been a couple of added bonuses ... like the girls making their lunches on the weekend using the tub and being able to see at a glance if I am running low on something.

As I was on lunches, thought I would share a product that I love (more for the little girls than the big ones) ... the lunch punch. They come as a set of 4 and punch out shapes in sandwiches but rather than losing half the sandwich that falls outside of the shape, these cut out almost all the sandwich except the crusts. Genius!


Oh and just a final thought, my fridge is not usually this gorgeous. It had a clean out before I took the photo; it is usually a little more haphazard.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment