Wednesday 16 November 2011

A Crafty Christmas

As I mentioned in my profile, I love everything about Christmas. I already have my Christmas CD's ready to go come December 1! I love everything about the season .... decorations (I'm going red, white and blue this year), Christmas carols, baking and all the special food, getting together with family and of course, wrapping presents.  I am almost finished my shopping with the help of my Christmas Planner (I'll share that in a post another day) so my thoughts turn to crafts.


My girls love their chocolate advent calendars each year, but I thought it would be nice to have a larger (colour coordinated lol) display for my kitchen bench to remind us how many days we have until Christmas. I created this with a mini clipboard (available from OfficeWorks for $2 or $3). Cover with scrapbooking paper and then decorate . Quick & easy. Each day I will just change over the numbers or perhaps I can give that responsibility to Miss Meg as she is always the first one up in our house.


I saw a cute shadow box with bells in it recently on Pinterest (my new favourite website - you have to check it out!) I made my own version with some gorgeous black & white photos I took of the girls last Christmas in their Santa hats. My thought is that this will be a decoration that will come out every year to remember my girls when they were so little.

I don't want to alarm anyone, but it is only 5 weeks til Christmas (and less than 2 weeks til I can break out the Christmas CD's).

4 comments:

  1. Really enjoying being part of the family! Which, of course, we are!You are SO gifted creatively and your brain must be a collage of colour and texture and shapes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Aunty Fredwyn. Yes it is filled with all those things + a lot of useless song lyrics! Sadly, no room for new information at all lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous idea Christy - u r so innovative! Pinterest rocks - so many wonderful ideas to peruse and of course pinch lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Tan - yes I absolutely LOVE Pinterest. It has inspired me to get my crafty groove back on (outside of traditional on the page scrapbooking).

    ReplyDelete