Tuesday 15 November 2011

Savouring Every Minute

Today I sat out on the balcony with Rebecca (Miss almost 5). We had a picnic rug and cushions and we sat and played a game together. She smiled and sang and chatted away and I drank her in. For in a few short months, she will leave me to start her school journey. This 5 years has gone past so quickly and I find myself wondering if I have made the most of this time together. There are days where I have been so caught up with things that need to be done around the house and out of it that I forgot to cherish these early years. But not today .... for today she is all mine.

2 comments:

  1. Here's your first comment, and I'm not even a parent, much less a mother.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ross. I think all the comments went to my Facebook page :)

    ReplyDelete