Tuesday 24 January 2012

New Shoes!



I was doing a bit of shopping recently in the sales (well actually I was just wandering past) when I saw these gorgeous red shoes. I made a quick pact with myself before proceeding to enter the store, that if they were available in my size, I would buy them. Afterall, that is surely a sign, no? Oh, and if they were a reasonable price. Although I do shamefully admit that that was my second condition of sale rather than the first!

So into the store I strolled and was fully prepared to be disappointed and yet there they were, in all their darling redness, just waiting for me to try them on, Cinderella style. And of course, in true Cinderella fashion, they were a perfect fit. But this story gets better. As I took the red shoes to the counter to pay for them, the sales assistant drew my attention to the fact that there was an equally darling clutch bag to match said shoes. Oooooh I LOVE handbags so I didn't need much convincing to buy the matching set. And I should mention that I do have an occasion to wear them to almost immediately. (Should I admit here that I also bought them in black or should I just leave it at the red?)



Now, given that these were sale items, my lovely husband was not too purturbed about my purchases but he did mutter something along the lines of "what is it with you women with shoes and handbags?" I have given this some idle thought and decided that the attraction is simple; while our clothing size may change with age, and pregnancy and various fad diets, (and we do spend a lot of time worrying over this) we don't have to worry about our size or figure when purchasing shoes and bags. There may also be another reason, which the sign below that I came across on Pinterest expresses perfectly .....

No comments:

Post a Comment