Monday 13 February 2012

Favourite Storybooks


Josie and I have been enjoying our time together now that all the big girls are at school. We have lots of plans for the days ahead but our favourite time of day is snuggling up on the lounge to read books together. Josie likes to choose and her choice is invariably the same each day (in fact, often more than once each day!)  This is her current favourite ... "Are You My Mummy?" Josie loves to 'read' the words she knows from the story and she loves the happy ending.



Over the past few years, I have learnt many of our books off-by-heart. Each of my girls has had a few favourites that we have read again and again and again. There are days where I would give anything for a new title but the girls' enjoyment of this same story never seems to dwindle. And truth be told, when they have eventually moved on, I have missed those special books we shared together day in and day out.

No comments:

Post a Comment