Monday 20 February 2012

Mmmm Cookies

With the 3 big girls off at school I am relishing the extra time I seem to have everyday. I feel like I am finally getting on top of some of my organising projects (though there are many, many more to go) and happily, I have so much more time to get into the kitchen. I am really enjoying rediscovering some of the recipes I have not cooked in some time, especially many that my mum used to make for my sister and I when we were at school.


Aren't we cute? We were about 9 and 6 at the time. And check out that wallpaper and carpet. My Dad loved to wallpaper; we had it in every room in the house.

So, without further ado, my Mum's recipe for Coconut Cookies.....

120gm butter (use butter not margarine)
1 1/4 cup self raising flour
1 cup sugar
1 egg
desicated coconut

Melt butter. Mix flour, sugar, egg and melted butter together. Roll into small balls and then roll in coconut. Bake in preheated 180C oven for about 15 minutes or until light golden brown.

Recipes makes 3 dozen cookies. (And they are delicious!) Note: There are actually 6 dozen cookies here - with 6 of us, one batch never seems to last very long.


Oh and just so you can really imagine me as a school age child, I found this photo of myself from Grade 1. (circa 1981)

No comments:

Post a Comment