Monday 23 April 2012

Missing In Action (...on holidays with the family)


Happy Easter. Well I know that I have been M.I.A for the past couple of weeks. My apologies. The girls were on school holidays and then we went away as a family for 10 days where we took a technology break - no TV or laptop. I am not a big TV watcher but I do spend quite a bit of time on my laptop ... Facebook, Pinterest, various blogs. I think my family enjoyed having my full attention for the time we were away and we got active as a family ... bike rides, hiking, rock climbing and abseiling all featured.


We arrived home to family visiting from Perth and staying with us for a few days. I grew up in Perth so I don't see my extended family as often as I would like. Which means that when we do get together, we have a lot of catching up to do and invariably stay up way later than is conducive to being productive in the following days. This time our visitors were my aunt, Cavelle and cousin, Coelli. We shopped throughout the day and then talked throughout the night. And oh the ideas we swapped. Cavelle has 6 children so we chatted large family logistics for much of our time.


I love to know what other people do in their families. How they manage meal planning and preparation, chores and housework, handling behaviour. I love to discover new ideas to trial with my own family. And I have SO many new ideas I am just itching to try. So watch this space .....

No comments:

Post a Comment