Friday 27 April 2012

Polly Pocket & Me

I have a love-hate relationship with Polly Pocket. For the uninitiated, Polly is a tiny doll who lives in a tiny world and has oodles of tiny accessories. Great idea, right? I mean, straight away she is a space saver - tiny stuff doesn't require much space to store it, right? Wrong! Polly has a jumbo jet!! A scale model it would seem. Try fitting that in a lunchbox. I dare you.
My girls of course love Polly. She does after all have a lot of cool stuff and when we go away and they are limited to one small backpack each for items to entertain, Polly really comes into her own (so long as you leave the jumbo at home). Our Polly collection (sans jumbo) lives in a large lunchbox, however, you can bet that whenever the girls have played with her (and her many, many friends - she is very popular), there will always be tell tale signs left behind - a teeny tiny necklace, an even smaller shoe etc. (And I am a little ashamed to say that on occasion the temptation has just been too great and I have vaccuumed them right up! Ooh. I think that is bad. You do understand though, don't you? I hope so.)
But I have come across a couple of inspired ideas for dealing with Polly's penchant for accessories and all things small. Check these out.
You can wear your Polly Pocket accessories so they don't get lost (or vaccuumed up 'accidentally'). And let me tell you this from experience, Polly loves to change her outfit regularly but she rarely has time to worry about accessories because she is always in a rush. My girls won't miss them at all. I love this idea - very very cute. This is where I saw it www.kidsactivitiesblog.com
The other idea I saw was for an I Spy bottle at www.meetthedubiens.com This could be fun in the car - try to spot all the Polly accessories that have been mixed up with rice. I think I would use some of our rainbow rice as this would offer a little more camouflage. Actually, now that I really think of it, she is rather fabulous isn't she? And the girls would all love one of those bracelets. ... Perhaps I should have a look on ebay and see if I can grab the girls another set or two!

No comments:

Post a Comment