Thursday 31 January 2013

A New Valentine's Tradition

We love a good family tradition in our house. Traditions bind you together as a family. It's the little things, as well as the big things that you do together that are important. Songs you sing together, things you say to each other (Bec tells me "love you to the moon and back" every morning when I drop her off for school), regular "events" (Friday night movie and freddo frogs).


I am always on the look out for new traditions I can incorporate into our family. Recently I saw an idea for the lead up to Valentine's Day. We don't really celebrate that one at our house with romantic dinners or gifts but it is a good reminder to tell our families that we love them. Everyone needs to hear this and they need to hear it often. So every morning between now and Valentine's Day, when the girls and David wake up, there will be a new heart on their bedroom door telling them something that I love about them. (David's will actually be on our bathroom mirror where he will see them while he is getting ready for work.)

 
To make it even easier, I sat and cut out lots of hearts last night while I was watching some TV and wrote on them. Now I can just grab one each night before I go to bed and stick it with the others. The girls were curious to find these on their doors this morning and I look forward to seeing their excitement as the hearts multiply.

Spread the love peoples!



No comments:

Post a Comment