Tuesday 5 February 2013

Organising your ideas on the go

I am an ideas person. I love a good idea, hints and tips, that kind of thing. I am forever picking up ideas from friends and family and when I am out and about. I used to be a scrap paper collector. I would scribble a note about an idea I had seen or heard about on a scrap of paper which was often never to be seen again, well, certainly not when I was actually looking for it. So I came up with the idea of carrying a little notebook with me, divided into sections, so that I could keep everything in the one place and have some hope of finding the appropriate information in a timely fashion.

You know by now of course that I do love my stationery. There is something intoxicating about a new notebook without anything written in it yet. Full of possibilities...... (apologies, daydreaming about stationery!) Add little tabs to said notebook and I am in paper heaven. I create a new notebook each year; it is one of the jobs I do during my summer holiday at the beach. Love to get organised for a new year.


 My book is divided into sections as follows:

(1) Party Ideas - a section for each of my girls, theme ideas for their next birthday celebration,
guest list, food ideas, games / activities etc

(2) Birthdays / Special Occasions - a list of dates by month so I don't forget what's coming up, ideas for gifts, ideas to celebrate / new traditions etc.

(3) Christmas - a list of everyone I buy gifts for (with room to write in what I have bought), colour scheme (we change this from year to year), recipe ideas, new traditions etc

(4) Blog Ideas - you never know when inspiration will strike!

(5) Great Ideas  - a catch all for amazing ideas!

(6) Books / DVD's - a list of the authors we like to read and which books we have already read / own and ditto for our DVD collection (both are extensive .... might have to consider putting them on the computer so I can just update the printout rather than re-write it every year). I also have a list of book / author recommendations or movies we want to see.

It really is a treasure trove of information and I would be lost without my little green book. Try it. It will revolutionise your life! Happy organising :)

No comments:

Post a Comment