Friday 22 February 2013

A spot of gardening

To say I am not a gardener is somewhat of an understatement. In fact, my most recent attempt at gardening involved me trying to prune with what I thought was secateurs but actually turned out to be tin snips! Dear husband was not amused.


But I have decided to throw my hat in the ring again this year and try a spot of gardening. I would love to have a fabulous kitchen garden full of vegetables and salad offerings but my dear husband has suggested that I start small, very small (in fact, maybe not at all, I think I heard him mutter ... just buy some from the supermarket; it will save us all a lot of heartache!) But I am determined to give this a go. I thought maybe herbs. Surely they can't be that difficult.


I have seen some amazing kitchen and herb gardens on Pinterest but I am contenting myself for the time being with my one little planter. I will keep you posted but hopefully I will be harvesting my own basil for homemade brushetta in the not too distant future. Fingers crossed.



No comments:

Post a Comment