Monday 19 March 2012

Celebrate 60 in Style

Well after a ridiculously busy few weeks, I am back to blogging. I have so many ideas that I have written down over the past couple of weeks so expect to see lots of posts headed your way. Think packing, organising projects, part 1 of my bedroom makeover, my home ideas planner, fridge organising stations, school holiday ideas and some great new recipes I have trialed recently. I can't wait to share this all with you but before I do, I thought I would share a few photos from my mum's 60th birthday celebration on the weekend and a couple of event planning tips.


1. Have a basket or tub set aside to hold all of the things you buy or collect for your event eg. coloured napkins, lollies, invitation cards etc. It will save you a lot of time looking for things on the day (I learned this the hard way!) or forgetting to use the things you gathered.

2. Choose a colout theme ... you know I love to colour coordinate right? Everything looks better when it is colour themed. Just trust me.

3. Square or rectangular platters are a great investment - they look great on the table. A trick I picked up from a good friend is to label your platters with a post it note of what you plan to serve on them. That way, you won't forget to serve that dessert you slaved over and you can organise the table before time.


4. Cupcakes make the perfect "cake" for any occasion and they look extra festive on a cute cupcake stand. We chose sparklers as we didn't want mum to wear herself out trying to blow out 60 candles (or set off the smoke detectors!)


 Happy birthday Mum. xxx

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the great tips....wish your mum a happy birthday from us. xx

    ReplyDelete