Tuesday 20 March 2012

Enjoying the Simple Life


It was a glorious day in Melbourne today and Josie and I were having a lovely day together. We weren't doing anything exciting; in fact we did the banking, the grocery shopping and the washing, but it was a good day. For Josie is my last baby and just for this year, I have her all to myself. She is at that delightful age (2 1/2) where she chatters all day long and is developing quite the sense of humour. And I just know that this time will pass all too quickly and before I know it, she will be heading off to kinder and school too.



Today we got out the baby bath and her babies along with several outfits and she gave them all a bath. Then she hung her washing on her little line while I hung mine on the big line. "I'm same as you mum". Her delight in such a simple activity made my heart burst with love for her (and how could you not love that adorable face?) Having 4 children, we have been considerable supporters of Mr Fisher Price and Co and there is much evidence to support this fact strewn around our home, but I think she got much more pleasure from a little tub of water today than she ever has from a piece of molded plastic. And I did too.

No comments:

Post a Comment