Monday 19 March 2012

Fudgy Chocolate Slice

I just have to share this recipe with you. It was a new one I tried for my various weekend events and it was a huge hit. Not only was it delicious but it was also quick and simple - 2 words I love to see associated with recipes.



FUDGY CHOCOLATE SLICE

2 packets of buttersnap biscuits (200gm each)
90gm butter
200gm dark chocolate + extra 100gm for topping (I used milk chocolate for the topping)
1 can sweetened condensed milk

Note: The original recipe says this will fit in a lamington tray. I doubled the recipe and then spread it across 3 slice trays.

Spray baking tray with oil and line with baking paper (this will make it easier to lift the slice out when it is finished). Place the biscuits in a food processor and process until evenly crushed. Melt butter and add to biscuits. Melt chocolate in the microwave - it will take about a minute but I do it in 20 second bursts so as not to burn it. Stir chocolate until smooth. Add condensed milk to chocolate and stir then add to biscuit mix. Stir until well combined. Spread into baking tray. Melt the second lot of chocolate and pour over base. Refridgerate until firm.

Note: Allow the slice to return to room temp before you attempt to cut it up or the top layer of chocolate is likely to shatter. You can cut it into squares but as it is quite rich, I cut my squares in half.

Enjoy!

PS. I plan to be back with another post later today but for now must go and hang some washing and make the most of this glorious weather.

2 comments:

  1. yummo! I will be trying this one out for the two birthday parties I'm hosting next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It keeps really well Kathy <3

    ReplyDelete