Sunday 25 March 2012

Love Notes


 My girls love to get notes from me. I often leave them in their lunchboxes for them to find while they are at school. Over the years, they have even kept most of these notes which makes me smile when I see them hanging from their noticeboards. But I also like to leave them around the house for them to find; usually in their bedrooms somewhere or the bathroom mirror - somewhere where they won't be easily overlooked. It is just another small way of telling them that I love them and that I am thinking about them.
 

To make this easy, I have a small Love Notes Kit on the shelf in my kitchen. It has all the goodies that I need to jot a quick note to them .... post it notes, sticky tape (so the notes don't flutter off whatever I have stuck them to and end up under a bed or somewhere on the floor), assorted stickers (my girls love stickers) and a pen. You could just as easily keep all of this in a drawer but I find that a little container is just much easier. That and I am a visual person so I need to keep things where I can see them to remind me to use them!


The afternoon after I had left notes for all the girls (and David - I don't let him miss out) Rebecca came to me and asked me if I had seen a surprise. She said I should look in my room and I might find something special. And there it was stuck on my bedside table - a little note from her. She stood next to me and asked if I would like her to read it to me. "It says ... Thankyou for my notes. I love you. Rebecca." I love her too - with all my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment