Sunday 4 December 2011

Family Christmas Photos

It’s that time of year again … time for me to attempt to get some lovely  half decent photos of my girls to use on our annual Christmas card. It is, of course, near impossible to get a good photo of 4 children together – especially my children. 1 is always playing the fool, 1 is off with the fairies, 1 is usually cooperative and then there is the grump – the one that for whatever reason, doesn’t feel like having their photo taken today. (These roles are not always played by the same child, in fact, they seem to enjoy mixing it up a little and keeping me on my toes!) 
In fact, I have considered sending my Christmas cards out with seasonal pictures on them rather than bothering with the photos. However, most of my extended family lives interstate so I figure that they all at least receive an updated photo of the girls every December. And so I persevere.
For Alison’s 8th birthday party recently, I made up some photo props. The kids could then choose from a range of props to pose with for their photos. It really was a lot of fun so I thought I would make up some Christmas ones for our Christmas card photos. I found some printable props (Santa & Rudolf) from http://jessicapeck.blogspot.com/2011/11/holiday-photo-props-tutorial-sew-or.html and then made up a few of my own (Elf & HoHoHo). The Top Hat and Moustache were from http://ohhappyday.com/category/free-printables/
The girls enjoyed trying them all out and I did get some cute photos of each of them. Then I tried to get a photo of all four together. As I said up front, this is not always an easy task and today, I just abandoned it. Maybe I will have better luck next year.

1 comment: