Monday 19 December 2011

Teacher Gifts

The end of year always has me stumped with regard to teacher gifts. I am never sure what constitutes a good gift. Chocolate seems a bit boring, cutesy "#1 teacher" items surely get old too and for the most part, I don't really have any idea what their interests are outside of teaching my children. I have canvassed friends and family but sadly, we seem to be in the same boat. My next stop of course was Pinterest; some nice ideas but most required more time that I have available at this end of the year. (Perhaps I shall have to start a little earlier next year).


And so this is what I came up with ... personalised clip boards in the teacher's favourite colours with their initial on them. Hopefully these will be a practical gift that they can use in the classroom. I bought plain board clip boards at Officeworks and then covered the front with 2 coordinating scrapbook papers, added a paper ribbon and monogram sticker and then covered the whole lot with a layer of decoupage paste. I left the back of the boards blank so that the girls could write a personal message on them.


The clip boards were a good start but I needed something to accompany it. I decided on a magazine for each of them to enjoy as they started their summer holiday. Everyone loves a mag to flip through don't they?

And for Bec's kinder friends, we made Magic Reindeer Food. This is to be sprinkled outside on Christmas Eve as a snack for Santa's reindeer. It has sparkly glitter mixed with oats so that they will see it twinkling in the moonlight. I made up a quick printable for this so if you would like a copy, you can message me in the comments or on my facebook page.


No comments:

Post a Comment