Monday 12 December 2011

Warning: Party Planning in Progress!

I have been absent for a few days as I am neck-deep in party planning. Miss (now) 5 is having 16 of her nearest and dearest girlfriends for her birthday party in a little over 36 hours!!! (Not that I am counting down ... or starting to panic ... breathe, breathe.)

We decided on a Charlie & Lola theme some months ago and I have been gathering party items and ideas but it always seems to be the way that there is a LOT to do in the couple of days leading up to the party. I did wonder if I was up for another party so soon after Alison's Carnival and even briefly considered outsourcing the party (McDonald's was looking mighty attractive) but this is what we do in our family; we have the girls parties at home, we choose a theme and we go to town.  Which is how David found himself roped into painting a life-sized cutout of Lola and bestie Lotta, for the photo opportunity.


They have been reinforced and stood up tonight and I can't wait to have Bec pop her cute little face through and become Lola for a while. I will share lots more photos and ideas once the party is over but for now I have to get back to my cutting. So much to do, so little time. And as Miss 5 likes to say, "Toodles".



No comments:

Post a Comment